The Beauty of a Memory

A lot of us really treasure memories. That's why nowadays a lot of people always has their phones out capturing every little detail or moment in life, then it's all locked up in a portable electronic device. it's really cool when you really think about it. Imagine if we never took the time to capture special moments like prom, weddings, graduation or getting your braces off! We probably would feel a bit of emptiness in our lives because we never got a chance to keep those big moments in with us. WE probably feel a little saddened even that we don't have an opportunity to look back on those memories. I know I would be.

I really enjoyed thinking about the whole idea of how special memories really are. By having pictures in our phones or in a physical photo album, it's like keepsakes all locked up in our hearts. We carry these memories wth us daily. Of course, all memories aren't great, maybe a lot of us want to wash some memories away as quick as our minds would allow us. The memory of the day you lost a loved one, the day you got in a bad fight with someone, the day that the love of your life broke your heart, all these things can be shattering moments to us. With that being said, I did want to share some of my best memories.

Best Memories of My Life So Far... 

The Day I Got My Braces Off - I was thrilled when I was finally getting the clinks off! Lol. Honestly speaking though, it was really a great day to be able to reveal my beautiful smile that had been in the works for 3 years! The process of getting the braces off were uncomfortable. They had put this really gooey stuff in my mouth that had an awful taste, then I couldn't swallow it which was also a difficult task. Then I had to put my chin on some weird machine and had to keep my mouth in an awkward position for a few minutes. After more x-rays, and keeping my mouth in awkward positions and digging and drilling, the process was complete. They took the final picture and then showed it to me and I was so happy! They were sparkly white and straight. It was life changing for me. Certain things about my appearance I try not to focus on so much or knitpick about but, I did feel pretty bad about my teeth because in my head it seemed like it degraded my beauty. Even the days I felt happy and felt like smiling, I wouldn't smile my brightest. I always said "I would look so much better if my teeth were straight. And yes, I began to do the comparison thing where I'd look at pictures or just everyday people and notice their smile and begin to feel really down on myself. I probably should've had a bit of a different outlook on the situation but, at the moment I couldn't see it any differently. All in all, I believe that improving my smile was definitely a positive decision.

Going to See Onerepublic -
It may seem silly, but yes it really was a great day for me. Onerepublic has been my favorite band for about 4 years now and I like them for a lot of good reasons. They are honestly some talented gentlemen haha. I love how they get creative with their sounds and lyrics. Unlike most pop songs nowadays has the same sound and pretty much the same topics. There's honestly nothing wrong with singing about love but, we do experience different things in life other than falling in love or going through a breakup. Though Onerepublic does have some love songs of their own, they also aren't afraid to touch on other topics as well. Onerepublic inspires me as a musical artist myself. Going to see them live and hearing all of my favorite songs brought me joy.

The Disney Days -
Oh boy do I miss being a kid. At around the age of 10-14 Disney was my life! (Not saying that was necessarily a good thing lol) but, I always had it on radio Disney and Disney channel. Disney was like the best thing created in my eyes. I loved High School Musical, Hannah Montana, Camp Rock you name it. And oh, don't get me started on my obsession with the Jonas Brothers. I don't agree with how crazy I was about Disney and Disney stars but as I look back on all the concerts and tv soecials, there was no denying how fun it was. I mean, I was a kid so you gotta have fun as a kid if you never do as an adult haha.

My First Time Being Apart of My church 's Easter Production 
The Easter Production at my church is a huge thing for our church. It is one of the busiest time of year. It seems like everyone from longtime members to new members are apart of it. It's really a exciting time for our church and my whole family. SO, the first two years I was in it the production, being apart of the choir scenes and such. Then I started helping out in various areas such as, ushering, greeting, Cafe worker and makeup team. I truly had a blast serving in each ministry! I even met some great friends through the production. I am so happy that I have been able to be apart of this great production for so long and I look forward to many more years.


So folks, there's many great memories that could be named but to be honest, I cannot remember them all in detail. However, I can remember generally remember some things that did happen. From getting my permit, many amazing concerts, great hangouts with friends, seeing miracles happen in front of my very eyes and more! Please please feel free to share some special memory of yours. I have a few more posts is like to put out before the year is over so I'm sooo hoping that I'll be able to do that.


Until next time, love yourself and love life. And if you guys don't hear from me until next year, have a safe and happy holiday. 

Kammy 👋💕


No comments:

Post a Comment

Originating Change Within Me

 Recently, I made a list of ways that I have changed within the last ten years. I compared the things I wrote about and thought about in my ...