Leaps of Faith: How I Plan on Taking the Next Steps in My Life


I've learned that if you want something in life, you have to go out and grab it. It's as if you're trying to catch fireflies in a jar; they won't just automatically go in the jar without you chasing them and catching them in the jar. It goes the same way with our hopes and dreams in life, if we really want it, we have to go and grab it. At times we may have to keep running and running until we've finally made it to the finish line. As I'm getting older, I really feel like it's time for me to buckle down and get a start to my life. Each day I pray and ask God where he is leading me today. I ponder on what next step that I could take in this moment of my life. I'm known to procrastinate a lot so, recently I thought to myself  "what step can I take right now to help further myself and/or develop?" So, this is what I came up with:


Being Brave - I often don't feel like i'm moving ahead in life because i'm afraid of what  the outcome will be. For instance, I want to tryout for vocals at my church, but I am afraid if I get nervous and freeze up during a service or even during an audition. I've even convinced myself that "I don't think i'm good enough" So, I begin to make up many accuses for myself as to why I shouldn't try to be on the vocal team or for many other things in life. So, what I want to do differently is to stop listening to the voices inside of my head, the critical voices that is. And pray and believe that whatever the results may be that it is in my best interest and it was or wasn't what God wanted. But I pray that God would make me brave enough to at least try and maybe even take risks if it comes down to it. I feel like if my desire is to do something positive, then I may as well take the opportunity. especially if the opportunity presents itself. God doesn't make mistakes, but God won't scold us or leave us left alone if we take the risk and things don't turn out the way we hope. I know that you can't always get things so easily. As Pink says, "you gotta get up and try."

Being Committed - If you want to get better at something such as, an instrument, sport or even cooking, you have to keep working at it and be committed to it. I have my days where I truly stick to everything that is on my "To-Do List" but other times I fail getting anything done on my list. I know that being successful takes a lot of hard work and I know that I won't be successful if I keep putting things off to the next day and the next. I want to be committed to taking the steps that are required to getting ahead in life. I want to further my education, develop my skills, and be more independent. I know that things take time in life, but at least I can say that i'm trying. 

Making My Own Decisions - I have a hard time making decisions for myself. I always need a second opinion. I suppose it's not terrible to get advice from other people such as family or friends but, I know it's also important to have a mind of my own. Because I may be in a position where the only person that can decide for me is me. But, I also must remember that i'm never left all alone to make decisions. Whenever I am faced with making difficult decisions, I can turn to God to help me to be wise in all of my decision-making. Now that i'm an adult, it's really important for me to learn how to make my own decisions. Because even though parents always say "they know best' at times their best for you may not be what you want. So, if your parents want you to be a doctor and you want to be a teacher, should you just be a doctor because your parents want you to be? That's when making your own decisions come in and lovingly tell your parent s that "being a doctor just isn't for me. I have a passion to teach." So, I know my parents sometimes won't agree with my decisions, but I want to always try my best to respond to them with love and respect and tell them "It's something I feel I have to do." It's not easy making decisions, but if we seek God, he'll definitely lead us on the right path. I know that once I begin making my own decisions, I feel I would build more confidence in myself. Even when I make mistakes, I know that mistakes are going to help me grow and become a better and wiser person in a way.

Taking One Step at a Time - In life, we can't expect to accomplish so many things at one time. If we do, it's a miracle but it could be overwhelming also. Since I have many things on my "accomplishment list", I must learn to go at a steady pace. I have classes setup and also my permit to work on so, I possibly couldn't overload myself with a vocal audition, searching for a new job and many other responsibilities all all in one shot. I feel like if I stick to keeping a steady pace, i'll eliminate a lot more stress or frustration. I know that I'll get there as long as I'm doing my best and to be confident in myself and these next steps i'm taking. I get so anxious to get ahead in life that I wish I could press the speed button on every area in my life, but I have to remember that having patience will take me very far. Oppose to rushing. I know that God's timing is always perfect and even though at times my life seems blah, I have to believe that God has so much more in store than what I can see. 

I know that sometimes I get discouraged from life seeming to go at a slow speed but, I want to trust God that he has my back and I will see his glorious plan unfold in the long run. 

I feel great sharing these types of posts with you all.I fee like it brings both me inspiration and hopefully others also. I sometimes feel a bit uneased being so raw on my blog but I also feel peace from finding a way to easily express my thoughts and feelings through writing. 

Thanks for joining me on this crazy thing called life. I plan to bring much more for you to enjoy. Please comment, share and subscribe to this blog or my social media sites. I love love hearing from you guys about one of my posts. 


Be inspired! Luv Kammy❤✌😊




2 comments:

  1. Your blogs are getting better and better as you write, Kamera. I really like your writing style and how you format it all. I can easily tell your classes and studying is paying off. Seriously too. Even though its a tough topic to write about at times, i really appreciate reading it.

    ReplyDelete

Originating Change Within Me

 Recently, I made a list of ways that I have changed within the last ten years. I compared the things I wrote about and thought about in my ...