Christmas in July: Living in the Now

if you walk in any store now, you'll see Fall and Halloween stuff out now. Yes, it is quickly approaching, but what about when stores are putting out Christmas stuff in September? It just seems like we keep fast forwarding to the next thing and hardly ever just enjoy what's going on right now, like the last bit of summer that we have left. My point is, we could be worrying ourselves so much about the future and miss out on all the great stuff there is to enjoy now. One day I was waiting on a customer and she was stressing herself out thinking about all the things she has to buy in the coming months. She was back to school shopping and then she said "then I have to think about what to get for the October and November and then a wedding shower and then christmas" I was saying to myself "Gee, take it easy lady. You only live one day at a time" but really at times we're living two months at a time.

When we begin to enjoy the things that are right in front of us, life can be a lot more at ease i believe. We begin to be appreciate one thing at a time. What would it be like if we began to live that way? I mean, it's always good to prepare early for things but we can't stress ourselves out about it. Besides, we can't really say we'll have another Christmas, so we might as well enjoy the rest of the summer festivities while we can. 

Waiting can be difficult and that's probably why we choose to bring seasons and/or holidays come sooner by buying decorations and such. But no matter how much stores rush Christmastime and make it so commercialized, there's nothing that can take away the pure joy I get around christmastime. it's a pleasant feeling because i'm ready to receive Christmas, not when the stores are ready. But around the end of November, I'm ready to receive the Christmas joy and celebrations. 

I know a lot of you are probably getting back to school and everything, but I suppose my lifestyle is a bit different. I kind get ready for school in my own time haha, I can setup my own time when i like to take my classes and probably take a break when i'm ready. But let me tell you, I'm really excited for those people getting back into their flow of education but since i'm able, I don't have to really keep up with the hustle and bustle of life, I'm just going to sit back and enjoy what's in front of me. That being: church, work, friends and the classes that I have here and there. I sometimes wish I had it like others, going to college right after graduating high school, but I suppose God's timing wasn't there and he had other plans. He knows my situation and knows what's best for me. I know, I'm totally getting off track now, but that's what i love about blogging, it allows you to take off and wander to a few places you never thought you go. At least, that's the way I look at it. i hope you guys are able to keep up with me on this ride also; on this ride of spaghetti brain haha.

But, let's enjoy what's here and let next month take care of itself. Matthew 6:34 says "Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will take care of itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own." 

I have posted a feedback post on my instagram, for those of you who aren't on instagram, feel free to share your thoughts right here on my blog. Honestly, your help is so appreciated. I've use a lot of ideas from people's suggestions. I look forward to journeying this thing called life with you guys again soon!

PS. shoutout to my sister Kayla who came up with the title of this blog. Luv ya sissy!

Peace out everyone!✌

No comments:

Post a Comment

Originating Change Within Me

 Recently, I made a list of ways that I have changed within the last ten years. I compared the things I wrote about and thought about in my ...