New Things that I've Done/ Want to Do

As we are approaching a new season and with just about 3 1/2 months left of 2018, I was thinking about the new things I've done and have accomplished. I love trying new things; it's such an exciting journey and experience. I will list just a few new things I've done and the new things that I want to do.

New Things I've Done:

Joining the Video Team at My Church - I have learned so much about media production by being on the video team. It has been both a joy and a blessing being apart of this team. I never realized how you can feel and actually see the power of God through worship videos. As I watch videos on Youtube like, Bethel, Hillsong and Elevation it has truly left me in awe by seeing some of the awesome shots they capture. I watch people's hands lifted high and tears falling on people's faces, it really changed my life. I suppose at first I just did it for the heck of it and because my brother needed extra help when he was directing at the time. But as years gone by, I was really glad I tried it. Actually, I believe my pastor preached about this a couple of weeks about about "trying new things"and it put a little motivation in me to write this post. But I am always afraid of trying new things, it takes a of pushing for me at times. But if it's something I feel fits me or if it's just something that seems really fun, I usually end up never regretting it.

Blogging - Many of you have heard the story of me becoming a blogger, but I don't think I've mentioned how I wasn't so fond of the idea at first. However, after a little bit more of convincing from my friend and how he mentioned how much it would benefit me as a writer, I had decided to just go ahead and do it. I must say, that even though I've had my discouraging moments with blogging, I have not yet regretted becoming a blogger. It has been a wonderful experience for me as a writer. It's also really fun!

Making Friends - Believe it or not, making friends is something that is brand new for me. I remember in my teen years it was tremendously hard for me to make friends. I don't know if it was because I was shy or because I didn't go as many places as I do now. But when I got in my 20's, I began to slowly break out of my shell. I feel like these past two years of my life have been a great learning experience for me. I feel like I've grown in a lot of ways. While I still struggle at times, I still never thought that I'd be having events with groups of people, having long phone conversations with people and even initiating meetups! So, I am very grateful for the way God has help me to develop in my social life. I'm thankful that God put the right friends in my life at the right time. I'm thinking for the ways that I'll grow even more both as a person and with friends.

Joining Social Media - I am one that was a latecomer to social media. From the time it first time I discovered social media to about 21 I was never interested in joining any social media sites. But, once I created a blog I realized that having social media platforms on my blog would be a big plus for me. So, after some debating I finally decided that I wanted to create an instagram and twitter account. I've also found that it's a pretty cool way to make friends that share the same interest as you! So, social media has been prety beneficial to me for the most part. I have started a little vlogging series titled "Capturing Life" (which I have to start doing again sometime soon.) I have connected with a lot of people that I never know how I would connect with otherwise, I have been able to see unique things about other people's lives and enter contests and many other things! Most people kind of have negative views or opinions on social media, but for me I've found it to be pretty helpful in some ways.

Ride a Rollercoaster 🎢- Riding a rollersocoaster was fun but let me tell you, I literally thought I was going to pass out when I got off haha! But it’s something I really never thought I’d do and I held on so tightly to the bar handles that my hands were red. But it was really fun!’

New Things that I Want to Do:

Go to a Pottery Class - I have always been interested in arts so, why not try out pottery where I can make pretty bowls! The classes I looked up were so darn expensive but, if I just ever so happen to have some extra money just to spend then I will definitely give it a try.

Paint a Picture - Just another thing to add to my Arts & Craft list.

Go to CYA - I really need something to do with my free Fridays, I feel like this may be a pretty neat thing to go to to learn more about God and grow and possibly form friendships with some people my age. My friends have been encouraging me to go and I just might end up doing it if the opportunity presents itself. My friends know that not having a car of my own is a bit difficult to get here and there on your own, but it is in progress. You will see people that Kamera Patrice will get there!😉


Attend a Service at Hillsong Church - After watching many worship concerts and services with my siblings, me and my siblings were definitely convinced that this something we HAVE to do. We have been so blessed by Hillsong's ministry. I believe God will make a way for us to get there at one of the campuses.

Try a New Coffee shop - This will be an exciting adventure since I've only been to two of the same coffee places in my life (Dunkin and Starbucks) I think this fall I'm going to try a brand new coffee spot. Who knows, it may become a regular place for me and replace Dunkin and Starbucks.

Take a Roadtrip with Friends - I always wanted to go to a concert in another state or just go to another state to go sightseeing, but now that I've made a few friends, I want to make that effort to experience doing some new things with them! We may not know entirely where will go, but that's the whole adventure part about it haha!😁

Rollerskate - I always imagined roller skating in a big room somewhere with bright multicolored lights and fun music!😁 this one is a “must do.”


I believe that completes my list for now. If I think of some more things to add to the list I will update this post. Please continue to check my blog to see all of the lastest updates. Also, let me know what new things you have done or want to do. I'd love to hear about it! Don't forget to subscribe, share and comment!

Love you folks, kammy😊💖💕

1 comment:

Originating Change Within Me

 Recently, I made a list of ways that I have changed within the last ten years. I compared the things I wrote about and thought about in my ...