And the Leaves Came Tumbling Down

Well, fall has fallen. In the CT area the weather has seemed to be going through some different changes (it's been very hormonal haha), the weather continued to be warm, like in the 80's or so. It was nice but it made me think that Fall was going to take longer to come though I looked at the calendar and knew that it was definitely fall season. However, I noticed the change of leaves and I knew that fall was here but just taking it's time come in full swing.

Have you ever sat underneath a tree or took a walk during the fall time? I remember taking a walk one fall season and I remember a few leaves that fell first upon my nose and then tumbled down my shoulder. Of course the nature in me held on to the beautiful orange leaf and put it in my pocket. It felt a bit magical for me in that moment, it felt like having that leaf in my pocket meant something special. Almost like God was giving me just a little reminder just how extraordinary and beautiful he really is. Though I fear God and feel like God is so much bigger than my mind can even contain, I also imagine being gentle and quiet just like a little leaf falling on your shoulder. 

Today's post I wanted to just dive into a few ways that fall makes me feel, think of and become. I'll start by talking about the way it makes me feel.

Fall Feels 

Fall makes me feel relaxed, renewed and peaceful. This fall season, but not every fall season in particular has given me a new perspective on life. Fall Of course gives me chills but also warms my heart. Sitting by a fireplace with a warm latte in your hand at a coffee shop or your home adds some joy to my day. In that moment, I feel like I'm really embracing myself in God's presence and appreciating the more simple things in life. We really only have a short time to enjoy the fall foilage , so I'm going to savor it up!

Autumn On My Mind

Every season I suppose makes us think about different things. Winter makes me think about getting as much housework done as possible, spring makes me think about getting outside more and being active, summer makes me think about having cookouts, going to concerts, hanging out with friends and just having some real fun! Fall makes  me want to travel for some reason. Fall I believe is a great time to explore new sights and places. For me, the Fall season invites in a new atmosphere. I'm hoping to take a trip to Vermont or even somewhere closer by in the CT area to take some beautiful pictures of some amazing sights and to allow my mind to view the world in a new way.

#FallMotivation

Have you ever had a season of ENERGY!? You're just excited and starting new things and really plugging in to a routine? Or what about a season of pain... you know, you've maybe experienced loss, have a sense of pending doom, or just want to be alone? I'm sure you're familiar with SAD- Seasonal Affective Disorder- right? A ll those factors noted above play into how we interpret our personal experiences. And our perspective determines our outlook, right?
For example, the autumn season can be a season on new beginnings- new school terms, new jobs, new colors, new routines.But, it can also bring about some unwelcome adjustments- shorter days, less sunlight, the upcoming winter, and probably some busier schedules for many of us.
This fall season, I want to start planning how I can start combating some of the less desirable changes. I can do some outdoor activity, perhaps shifting my schedule to be sure I can be in enough natural sunlight. This is very important for mental health and can really make a difference in your perceptions of your motivation levels!

So, this fall season, I plan to take time to just really enjoy life whether that being, cozying near a fireplace and sipping on a coffee while reading a good book, taking a walk to feel the cool, crisp air, or maybe I'll even take a trip up to Vermont!

I hope you and i can find something this seasonal change that connects to you and your season for being your best you. Remember, the motivation to change or do is always there... it is our focus that likes to get caught up or lost along the way!

Writer forever,

Kammy




No comments:

Post a Comment

Originating Change Within Me

 Recently, I made a list of ways that I have changed within the last ten years. I compared the things I wrote about and thought about in my ...