The Miracle Girls: Book Review

I'm sure most of you guys remember me going on a rant about the lack of availability for inspirational/christian books. Well, let me just say that I have finally stumbled upon a good read for once. The Miracle Girls was everything that I have been looking for in a book. It offered a little bit of everything from comedy to romance to encouragement. I enjoyed every second of this book. I'll give you guys a description of the book and highlight some of the best parts of the book:


A new town. A new school. Middle of nowhere. Ana Dominguez’ life couldn’t get worse. Then, she meets them—Riley, Zoe, and Christine. Just like Ana, each girl is haunted by a secret, a moment that changed her life forever.

Ana was born with a heart defect and never should have made it. Zoe saw her life flash before her eyes as she was dragged behind a horse. Christine walked away without a scratch from the car accident that killed her mother. Riley was pulled under by a wave but washed ashore unharmed. Each survived something that should have killed her. Each is a real life miracle. And Ana knows that God saved them for a reason.

As Ana navigates the ups and down of freshman year, these four strangers are brought together in ways they never expected, and as they try to understand what it is God wants for them, they slowly discover that maybe what they needed all along was each other. A heartwarming story of faith, friendship, and following your heart, The Miracle Girls is a young adult novel that reminds us that miracles are all around us.

The Miracle Girls is a four-book young adult fiction series. The novels focus around four very different girls, each living out her faith in the modern world.

Highlights of the book


Ana chose to speak up in class when she should have remained silent and her choice got her into trouble. During detention she and the other students were given an assignment and she found out that she had something in common with some of the girls in her class. One of the girl's, Zoe, didn't think it was a coincidence that they shared similar experiences; she felt that she, Ana, Christine and Riley had been thrown together for a reason. Soon after, Ana, Zoe and Christine called themselves 'The Miracle Girls' - they are here for purpose; they just needed to figure out what that purpose was. Zoe also had to figure out how she was going to get Riley to join. Not that Ana was sure she wanted the most popular girl in school to be included.

I also really loved the part when Dave (the guy that Ana liked) comes to sit with Ana in the sanctuary and puts his arm around her aww 😍 and another cute part about Dave and Ana is at her Quince when he danced with her and I THINK they kissed but now that I'm rereading it i'm not finding that part hehe. Dave and Ana's relationship was unpredictable. I thought in the beginning that she really liked Tyler but then the tables turned and she began to have feelings for Dave. I thought Dave was a jerk at first but he ended up proving himself as a decent, thoughtful and sweet gentleman. 

There was some pretty tough that left me unsure what was going to partake next. But the results of everything was put together so perfectly and I loved that. These Miracle girls prove that teenagers can be smart and caring, with hopes to make their lives and their world a better place with them in it. t really shows how young girls get their feelings hurt and how they see the world as they are growing into mature young women. They deal with peers, parents, teachers, and others while they try to make their own decision. . I loved reading a book about teenagers without sex, drugs ,and cursing. 

The Miracle Girls helped me to realize that I can't take life for granted and how vitally important it is to have true friends. I have struggled in keeping friends but this book was like God telling me that there's still hope. I know how important it is to have people in your life but I don't know if devotionals or the bible ever talks about the parts where it's hard to actually find and keep friends in your life. Anyway, let me stop rambling, I'll save that topic for another blog. 

That's my review without completely spoiling it for you guys. I hope that you would consider reading it for yourself and share your thoughts about it! 

~Kammy 💗



No comments:

Post a Comment

Originating Change Within Me

 Recently, I made a list of ways that I have changed within the last ten years. I compared the things I wrote about and thought about in my ...