My Thoughts for Today

Hey people,
Just letting you in a certain thing I was thinking about today. Upon my search for a Christian fictional book for young adults, the results were very scarce under that category. I was a bit disappointed that I wasn't able to find something youthful and inspiring to read but yet if I want to find the latest teen romance book I'd find many copies of it available.

I felt that because of the way our world is today that they gear us young people toward more of what's in and cool instead of something that could really be life changing. I feel like God is speaking to me about this area particularly to help make a change for our young people of today. I want to let young people know that there still is hope for the entertainment world of today. If you research some of today's latest books, movies, music, etc... you'll see the same kinds of topics that all of those things fall under, love, sex, partying, drinking, and more things that fall under that same category.

I watched one young adult film where all they did was curse and a bunch of teenage couples making out on couches. I was so disgusted I just shut it off. I know that pop culture really is filling our minds with filth at times, between the music played on the radio and the movies and magazines there's almost no way possible that we can find any kind of wholesome entertainment. I know that entertainment is more than just something fun but I know that positive entertainment would be even more fun because it's something everyone can enjoy.

I am happy to hear that there's more faith based movies starting to come out. I'm praying that God may show me and open up an opportunity for me to take a stand and make a greater change for our young people. Whether it's through music, writing, influential speaking or maybe God can work through me on this blog site or social media site.

Whatever it may be, I know God is going to use me in that area specifically to make a change for the better, even if it's in a small way. God, take the lead.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Originating Change Within Me

 Recently, I made a list of ways that I have changed within the last ten years. I compared the things I wrote about and thought about in my ...