Are you a Pessimist or a Optimist?

Hi Everyone!

I was reading this book about writing and it had many great questions to ask yourself inside the book. It was called Juicy Writing. I thought it was a very good book and it really made me think. I'd like to know are you mostly a pessimistic or a optimistic?

Of course, I wish I was a bit more optimistic at times. Especially in the worst of times I have to admit I'm not able to see any good while I'm in the moment of a hard time. I'm a worrier also so I guess I'd consider myself a pessimist more so than a optimist.
But lately what's been helping me become lifted in the midst of a hard time or bad day is sitting in a peaceful place listening to great peaceful Christian music or inspirational music and just allow God's divine peace to soak up my heart. As I sit there in my chair near the window, I look out the window and observe God's many beautiful creations.

And of course, since we all aren't perfect, I have my days where I just don't feel any ounce of inspiration or happiness whatsoever. I keep my head down and stumble along almost like the world is going on around me but I'm not even aware of what's really going on. At times I tend to build up so many negative thoughts that it's hard to escape it.

So yes, being a pessimist is a struggle for me. But it's just another thing to add to the list where I need God's help. And the great thing about that, God doesn't care how long our list of "I need help" is because he's patient and always able and ready to assist.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Originating Change Within Me

 Recently, I made a list of ways that I have changed within the last ten years. I compared the things I wrote about and thought about in my ...