In 2018 I... (My year end review part 2)

Well, we are already in a week of 2019!

Spam Fasting
I have spent this first week of 2019 fasting. My sister kayla had read this book called The Prayer of Jabez back when she was a young teen and the book had a little part in it about spam fasting, which means: Spiritual Preparation and Meditation. I picked up the book and read it one day and was encouraged to begin a spam fast. You can pretty much fast from anything from food to music, to internet anything. Here's some examples of spam fasting:



Having trouble looking for certain posts and articles? I pray that God will use this guide to help you during your SPAM Fast.
“Video Games Fast”
*******
“Secular Television Fast”
*******
Rock and Roll Fast
*******
Negative Emotions Fast

As I began to take spam fasts, I felt like life was more meaningful. I felt like God took a higher  position in my life and that by sacrificing some of the things I enjoy and spend a lot of my time on, I wanted to continue to live that kind of lifestyle by loving God more than anything else in the world. What I also realized when I spam fast is that some of the things I watch or listen to is something I shouldn't even probably engage in. Not that the things I watched or listened to were filled with filth but, some things you watch or listen to can make you feel so stupid or make you sometimes think in wrong ways or feel wrong ways. Sometimes the things we watch or listen to can leave such a huge affect on us. Don't get me wrong, I love music and movies and I have many favorite bands and movies, but what I'm saying is sometimes I get so caught up in just loving or enjoying these things alone that I forget about what the most satisfying thing is that could ever walk the earth, Jesus Christ. I want to invest my time and energy in doing things for Jesus and living for Jesus as much or even more that I do for my favorite movie or favorite band. And that's what spam fasting means to me.

So, now that you know all about my spam fast experience, let me dive into part 2 about the most highlighted moments of 2108. 

In 2018 I... Went to the Storyteller's Cottage. I have had a desire to visit this place that offers many writing classes and events since I had saw an ad in Starbucks around spring of 2018. One day I finally decided to take a tour of the place and when I walked in, it felt like I walked inside a magical book! It really was exactly what I thought and hoped it be. There was a Harry Potter room, a tea party room, a wizard room and more! I was truly amazed. I then decided to take some classes at the storyteller's cottage. The first class I took there was a great learning experience. It was very clear and the teacher provided great tips. By taking the tour and participating in a few classes, it gave me more of a thrill and motivation as a writer. 

In 2018 I... Formed new friendships. In the past few years, I have had a hard time making friends. I don't know what it was but I just either had a hard time because I'm sort of an introvert or that I don't go many places or whatever the case is. However, this year I began to take initiative; I wanted to get to know more people and even the people that I sort of already know. i've taken initiative towards forming friendships with people from work and church. When I got the courage to go past the initial "Hello" it had ended turning out more positive and productive than I thought. I began to come out of my shell and slowly get to know people in my own way and at my own level. By not fearing to reach out to friends, especially when I'm going through some difficulties or some complicated things, I received great support and care from my friends. Even though I don't hang out with any of my friends on a regular basis, I'm thankful for the connection Goad has allowed me to have this far and I believe that he's still working and that his timing is always perfect. Sometimes I'm always blaming myself for ways that I haven't been a great friend. I find myself apopgizing and always trying to manage to fix things but then I realized that my friends aren't looking for perfection in me, they like me for just the way I am. So, I'm grateful for the learning experience I have had this year regarding friendships.

In 2018 I... made big changes spiritually, socially, educationally and more.... And God is not finished with me yet. He's turning things around for my good. What I see as a disappointment will be turned into a delight. Something I never could imagine would happen. In my next blog post, I'm going to talk about my goals and my hopes for 2019. I'll talk about ways that I want to change, things that I'd like to see changed, and things that I plan to do in the new year.

I hope you guys had a wonderful Christmas and a great New Year so far. There is greater things to come with my blog in 2019, so continue to stay up-to date on everything! I'm thankful and happy for the way God has used me through my blog and for the way it has grown and may have possibly encouraged someone.

Best wishes to you all!😘😊💜

No comments:

Post a Comment

Originating Change Within Me

 Recently, I made a list of ways that I have changed within the last ten years. I compared the things I wrote about and thought about in my ...