How I'm Making Connections with Others/ Bible plans

I've been reading a lot of bible plans about friendships. Upon reading these great plans, it gave me a whole new perspective of friendships and really all types of relationships. I'd like to share with you a few of the bible plans i've been reading about friendships and/or relationships:


Messy Beautiful Friendships - https://www.bible.com/reading-plans/10931-messy-beautiful-friendship-by-christine-hoover

https://www.bible.com/users/KameraWalton/reading-plans/1377-building-healthy-relationships-time-of-grace/subscription/195539795

https://www.bible.com/reading-plans/1617-21-days-of-rightful-relationships

https://www.bible.com/reading-plans/4299-rooting-out-relationship-killers

These plans and more has really helped me a lot in the friendship area. Since my new approach to making and keeping friends, i've noticed great results. Things that I doubted would happen has happened. I;ve really began to go out my comfort zone a bit. I've connected with more people from my church, instagram, work and more. I feel like God is putting the right people in my life at the right time. These are people I feel I can grow with and learn new things with and explore many amazing things in life with.

For the past couple of weeks, I've been really down about making new friends and keeping the friends I have. Because of my own self-consciousness i've stopped myself from interacting with others because I believed that I was going to be rejected or that I'm going to be annoying to people, or that someone else or something else will become more important than me and then little by little i'll begin to slowly fade away from their lives. I've had a really negative view of myself and day after day, I wanted to find ways how I can change. I've began to think maybe the progress in making friends starts with me. No one wants to be friends with a "Debbie-Doubter" and I know I wouldn't either. I told myself that i'm going to only speak good things about myself and not going to continue to look for acceptance through others or find happiness in just people alone.

Once I began to shift my focus and look at things in a more spiritual perspective I began to feel so much better about things. God has allowed great connections to happen in ways that I could never do on my own. I've realized that great friendships happen naturally and it takes lots of patience also. Once I let go of the pressure and stress of making friends, the process seemed to go a lot smoother. I'm becoming more and more comfortable talking to people and learning how to start conversations even if it's just a simple reply to an instagram story about a delicious food. I feel great when talking to others and knowing that they also enjoy talking to me. Simple conversations have turned into really good ones and has the potential of meeting up and doing something together. Sometimes the conversations i've had with some people have turned into a daily or weekly thing and it's taken the step to more effective communication. And I believe that the more I let things happen naturally that it'll slowly develop into whatever it really wants. Whether that being an acquaintance or a really good friend! I'm willing to accept whatever the results may be because I know that I did my part and that I should feel no shame or that I shouldn't down myself in anyway. There's a time and place for everything. God knows what's best for his children.

I can tell you the great results of letting things grow naturally and trusting God with the process of everything. I have this friend who i've been knowing for almost two years now. At a point in our friendship we were having a hard time. We were arguing continuously about every little thing, we couldn't seem to agree on anything and we always seemed to nag each other in a way. But about 4-5 months later, God did a great transformation and the change started with us. Once we began to realized that something needed to be done, we took initiative and made a change for the better. God has worked on our hearts and made us into better people. Once we became better people we were able to become better friends. We eliminated the unnecessary drama and stress and began to really enjoy each other as friends. We've stopped talking about such negative things and began to reflect more on positive things. In this moment, we are closer than we ever have been before. We get along so well now and we handle situations much more maturely. I'm thankful for the change God has done in our lives. He's so faithful. I felt like giving up on this friendship at times, but now seeing how happy we make each other and how much we help each other, i'm glad that I didn't. I know that if I had quit I would've regretted it. I see great things happening in our lives and our friendship.

Well, I’ve share quite a lot with you all today. I plan on posting one of the days from the devotionals I listed above and sharing my thoughts on them. Hope you enjoy reading his!

Much love, Kammy ☺️❤️






No comments:

Post a Comment

Originating Change Within Me

 Recently, I made a list of ways that I have changed within the last ten years. I compared the things I wrote about and thought about in my ...