My Love for Singing

From time to time here on my blog, you'll see me talk about a song that really means a lot to me and how much music means to me in general. I don't often talk about how much I love singing and how I dream of being a singer one day. Well, now i am going to share with you how much I love singing.


I began to love singing at the age of 8. I sang along to many songs on the radio (mostly Radio Disney). through my childhood i've watched many young popstars performing on TV and always was really amazed at the crowds reactions and how singing seemed to be so much fun. For my 10th birthday I wanted a sparkly microphone like the kind I saw the Disney popstars had. Of course, I didn't get it but a girl can dream can't she? And to be honest, i'll still accept a sparkly microphone as a gift.


At age 15, I began to enter singing contests, perform at open mikes and watch Youtube videos on vocal warmups. As I got into my later teens, the passion I had for singing began to burn brighter. I began to pray about my future as a singer. That if it was God's will, he would open up a great opportunity for me to grow as a singer.


Although, i'm still waiting on that great opportunity for me as a singer, I know that my waiting is not in vain. God is preparing me during this waiting season to grow and learn many great things as an aspiring singer. God's timing is always perfect. I have a hard time figuring out which career i'd really like to pursue in first. I suppose that's another reason why a big opportunity hasn't opened up for me as a singer, because I need to decide which dream I want to work on first. As of right now, I believe that writing is my main focus right now. But that doesn't stop me from practicing singing everyday to help me improve as a singer. And, being apart of the church choir is a help for me to grow in singing. Every little thing counts. I wanted to list a few ways that i'd like to develop as a singer:


1.Practice singing everyday

2.Own a microphone

3.Learn a song I really like and master it.

4.Learn to embrace rejection & criticism

5.Network with singers on a higher level than me

6.Set achievable goals

7.
Get singing jobs and maybe i'll even get paid for a few!

8. Believing in myself and my dreams (this one is the most important)



I think i'm ready to take these steps as a singer. Even if I just keep doing number 1 for awhile haha! Practice makes perfect!


A lot of times, singing is a way I escape from problems. When I sing, I feel like i'm in my own world at times. I really feel at such peace while singing Christian songs like "Blessings," "If We're Honest," "Have your Way" and many others. I can find a song to sing for almost any situation. Music makes me really emotional at times. There's many times when I just cry listening or singing a song and there's times where I feel strength and encouragement and other times where I feel such happiness! Each and evrytime i sing i put my whole heart into it, even if i'm just singing in my room.


Well, i've tried to sum it all up the best way I could but, my love for singing is unexplainable in some ways. You'd just have to see in my face or feel it when you hear me sing for yourself. There's been times where I just became so frustrated with both my singing and my writing, but that didn't stop me. I know that i've gone through challenging times on my journey to singing and writing, and probably will continue to have many more challenges down the road, but I believe through those discouraging and challenging times, it'll make me become a stronger and better person. I know that I will soar through all things with God's help.


Ps. i'm hoping to launch my vlogging series this Friday! Stay tuned๐Ÿ˜Š


Love kammy.๐Ÿ’—




No comments:

Post a Comment

Originating Change Within Me

 Recently, I made a list of ways that I have changed within the last ten years. I compared the things I wrote about and thought about in my ...