I Lived

That song speaks to me in so many ways. There's been moments in my life where I said, wow, I really did this? Did I really experience this? And that's why I love that song because it says "I owed every second that this world could give, I saw so many places the things that I did." It gives me flashbacks of some of the amazing things i've done and/or experienced. I know you guys are thinking "Ok, she's writing an entire post about a Onerepublic song?" Well, yes and no. The song inspired the title of this post and it ties in to the subject of "living out your best moments in life" but, it's not what the entire post is about. However, I want to clarify what it's about because I noticed that in some of my blogs the meanings isn't clear. So, this post is about "Reliving your Best Moments."


I'm going to share some of my best moments and at the end of this post, I'll ask you guys to share some of your best moments in life.


The best moments in my life have been the Taylor Swift concert. yes, the concert itself was amazing but how I was able to get in this concert was even more amazing. Firstly, like the week leading up to the Taylor Swift concert, we heard that the radio station was giving away tickets. We began calling everyday until the concert. Sadly, we had no luck. On June 22nd, 2011 (which was the day of the concert) me and my sister heard on the radio that the radio station will be at the venue giving out last minute tickets. So, me and my sister decided to give it one more shot. We headed down to the XL center and played a game to try to win the tickets from the radio station. Sadly, we still had no luck. Then, a lady and her daughter tried to play the game and of course, they ended up winning. So, me and my sister began to walk away feeling a bit disappointed, but just as we were walking away, my mom began talking to them and telling them how much this concert will make their summer. After a few minutes of my mom and the lady and her daughter talking, the lady handed us the tickets. We were completely stunned and absolutely so happy! The lady and her daughter said "we actually have better seats than what the radio station was offering" It was truly an amazing night. Also, on top of that we ended up getting a free T-shirt. That night will go down in history for me.


Another great moment of my life was when I was in Starbucks, just sitting down drinking coffee with my sister and doing a bit of work. My mom came in and I believe ordered coffee also. She began talking to this couple and smiling at their baby. After a little while, I saw my mom chatting to this couple for a little while now. Then, I realized that there was another guy sitting there who was their pastor. Soon, my mom brought the couple over to our table to introduce them to us. The couple sat down and began talking about their church and their faith and the conversation went on from there. Then, the pastor came over to our table also and we got really caught up in talking about God and everything and then the pastor opened up in prayer and right after the prayer, he handed my mom an envelope. It was a gracious gift that I'm not going to reveal what it was but i'm telling you, it was a good gift. I felt the presence of God move in Starbucks that day. I never that i'd feel like in Starbucks but I'm a witness that god works wonders anywhere at anytime. That day changed my life. It was truly remarkable the way God setup that connection between the couple and their pastor.


Also, another great moment that happened just about three months ago was my sister's birthday party. Kayla had invited some friends we know from church to her birthday gathering at an ice cream place called Milkcraft. The ice cream shop has a very young environment to it. Although the seating was very limited, we may the most of it and still ended up having a good time. We ate ice cream, socialized, and play some phone games! Even though it was a small event, I still feel like it was one of the best days ever. It felt so good connecting with other people around my age because I always used to watch other young groups of people laughing and having a good time, but now, I finally got to experience it for myself.


Another part about the birthday gathering that made it so great was that, I felt like I was really interacting with people (which is something I don't usually do) I didn't even used to talk a whole bunch to my friend that i've known for 2 years now but that night, we really interacting the most we probably ever have. I could say that I saw sparks flying but... I won't go there. It's numerous reasons why I don't talk about this person that I have feelings for. For one, I felt before I didn't really fully leave it in God's hands. But now, i'm fully leaving it in God's hands with whichever way he wants it to go. Things are a lot better this way when nothing is being said and pumped up as if we're going to take the next step right here and now. Overall, it was a great night!


I'd share many other great moments in my life but, I think that'd be a pretty long blog post. But, these three that I named were the most memorable to me. Of course i've had my writing classes and my first Onerepublic concert that was incredible also but I believe i've shared those moments with you all already.


So, there you have it! I just shared some of my best moments in my life and i'm sure i'll have more to add as the years go by. So now it's your turn, what has been some of your favorite moments in life? It could just be one major event or thing you've experienced in life or you can tell me a couple of great things that happened. Let me know in the comments section.


That's all for now lovely people, I'll try my best to post more regularly but honestly, this whole blogging thing is still new to me but I'll get there! I'm always open to ideas and suggestions. You can let me know in the comments or on my social media sites!


Bye for now!💟😊👋




4 comments:

  1. Chris Tomlins worship night in America was the best day for me this year. Also, my piano recital.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is Marlon but it's saying Kayla. Oh well

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Marlon! Yes, those are some good moments you had there. Thanks for your feedback!��

    ReplyDelete

Originating Change Within Me

 Recently, I made a list of ways that I have changed within the last ten years. I compared the things I wrote about and thought about in my ...