Doing Things That Matter

Upon my reading of the devotional "Doing Things That Matter", I got inspired to write a post about some of the things that I want to do that matters. Each day I feel I talk and think about too many less important things. Of course we don't have to spend most of our time thinking about serious deep stuff either but, if we fill more of our mind with positive things and how we may can make a positive impact on someone else's life, our lives will begin to be more and more fufiling. I decided that I'm not going to be so lazy about things and get motivated to do important things that will help better my life. Before I get into the things I want to do that matters, I want to share day 14 of this wonderful devotional.


"A STORY THAT MATTERS"


Living a life that matters must be full of actually doing all sorts of things that matter. Doing things that matter doesn’t mean you have to create your own huge global-spanning movement. No. Instead it’s contributing to the largest, global-spanning movement in the history of the world! Finding ways to live and be the person that God has created you to be. This is not about following religious rules or law. This is about love! This is about loving God, loving life, loving others, and as a result, having a life that you actually choose to live.


I began telling our kids each morning as I dropped them off at school to do things that matter. It’s funny how when you begin saying something like that you’ll actually find yourself living a life that is full of life (John 10:10). Doing things that matter won’t happen by accident--they happen on purpose. Your story will become exactly what you lead it to become!


If you want to have a life of watching TV and eating Cheetos, that will be your story. If you want to give your heart to anger, regret, or unforgiveness then that will be your story. If you want to give your best to chasing money or obsessing over sports then that will be your story. If you want to cling to security measures that keep you grounded in the sea of sameness, that will be your story.


But if you become a person who has a life full of doing things that matter then that will be your story. You only have one life to live, and no one is responsible for it but you. He calls us out of the mundane and mediocre and He beckons us to experience life to the full.


What if you allowed the seemingly impossible to become possible?


What if every day you made choices that caused you to live differently?


What if you loved God and others with reckless abandon and a selfless heart?”


What if you never allowed fear to stop you?


If you pursue the journey to dream wildly, live differently, love recklessly, and lead courageously all for the glory of God you will discover a life that is well-lived. Don’t just do something—become someone! Wake up every day and choose to be who God has called you to be.


Here's some of the things that I want to do that matters.


1. Be more giving - I feel like it's such an amazing feeling to give to others and it must be  even more of a pleasure to those that are receiving what is given, whether it's money, food, or an encouraging word. It warms your heart when you know that you've done a good deed for someone. Though I may not make a ton of money, i'd love to give to organizations. Especially christian organizations and/or programs that has blessed my life. I feel like it's great to be blessed and to be a blessing.


2. Continue to be fully devoted to God - Everyday I want to continue to submit my life to God, I want to do his will, learn his ways, and become more and more sensitive to his voice. I want to shine my light more and more brightly. I know at times shining my ligh is hard at times for me in certain places. But I pray that God will help me to break away from my shyness and be bold in my faith. Something that's on my bucket list is leading someone to christ. I await for that day to come.


3. Be more committed to working towards my goals in life - I know that social media is becoming an big asset to my writing and blogging but I do noticed that sometimes i get distracted from doing the things that I need to do. So, in that way I'd like to have a better balance to my life. I want to be able to get a good amount of important things done first before surfing the internet or checking social media. I try to line up each imporant things I like to do first starting from the minute that I get up. I want to:


�Pray and Read the bible

�Write (whether that being writing exercises, writing more to my story, or blogging) I want to make it a priority to write something each day

�Study manual for DMV learner's permit test (because i'm ready to start driving soo badly)

�Read Books (I always have books that I need to catch up on haha)

�Free time - in my free time I would like to do things like talking to friends, listening to music, eating a good meal haha and i feel like by doing that i'm still doing something that matters.


And that completes my list (I guess) but i'm sure there's plenty of other things that I'd like to do that matters. But I think i'd be pretty satisfied if I was able to do those things each day. Let me know if you have made a list of "Doing Things that Matter" or are planning on making a list. I'd love to hear about! Also, let me know if you get the chance to read the devotional "Doing Things That Matter."


That's all for now.



- Kammy😊

No comments:

Post a Comment

Originating Change Within Me

 Recently, I made a list of ways that I have changed within the last ten years. I compared the things I wrote about and thought about in my ...