My Thoughts

So, as I told you in my last post, I posted something on instagram about "the struggle of finding friends" I just wanted to update you guys on how I feel about that now. I truly do love making new friends and when I text people it's my way of taking initiative. Sometimes my way of taking initative can probably seem pushy and that's why I get the sense that I annoy people. But, I realized that everyone may not become best friends in an instant. I've accepted the fact that some friendships have to happen more naturally. It makes me sad from time to time when I don't have many people to call or text but I know that there are a few people that I feel have potential of being my good friends. Everyday I pray about this situation and I know it's best for me to give people time. I just listened to a great podcast about finding friends. If this link works, i'd love for you guys to listen to it.http://www.boundless.org/podcast-section/2018/friend-finder-episode-521

So, my conclusion with my potential friends is: I'm going to let things happen naturally. I'll be patient with their schedules and when I don't get a response from a text right away. I'm going to always try to be a good friend. I'll take each step as they come and that mening, if we end up having great conversations, i'll build off of that and hopefully that will develop and turn into doing something fun together like having lunch or coffee and such. And of course, i'll keep praying that God will guide me in each step I take on my journey with making new friends. Also, I want to take the time to appreciate the one close friend I do have and be a better friend also.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Originating Change Within Me

 Recently, I made a list of ways that I have changed within the last ten years. I compared the things I wrote about and thought about in my ...