Devotional I Read Today

Here's a devotional I read today, then I'll give my thoughts on it at the end.
I just finished day 18 of the @YouVersion plan '21 Days of Rightful Relationships '. Check it out here: Day 18 –Searching for love in all the wrong places
When I really pursued God, my worries regarding relationships finally came to an end. I was no longer worried if a relationship would work out. As a matter of fact, I pulled away from many relationships so that I could clearly hear from God. I finally came to a point where I wanted all of my relationships to be divinely connected by God.
So, I began to seek Him. I mean really seek Him. I would create appointments or dates with God to set aside time where I could read and study my Word. This is where I began to truly conquer relationships. It was through His love and mercy that I finally had the ability to decipher between good and Godly choices.
Not only was I able to discern the right relationships He had for my life, I was able to build better ones. I was finally in a place where I knew how to connect with those who meant the most to me. I committed to listen more, to put my selfish desires aside and pray for my loved ones daily. I now consider my loved ones’ needs. And finally, I pray for our relationships more, simply asking God to maintain them so the devil does not destroy our connections.
Get into His Word
During my time of getting to know God, I began to see my relationship concerns through His eyes. Before this time, my thoughts were heavy and I was often running on “autopilot.” I would allow anyone to enter my inner circle without first seeking Him. As a result, I would wonder why a business or personal connection would fail or why certain relationships did not turn out as I desired.
But then God made something very clear to me. He will not withhold any good thing from me (Psalm 84:11)! Also, He said rest in my pavilion and I will protect you from dangers (Psalm 27:5). Wow! God is telling us what He has for us is simply for us. Therefore, if a relationship is not working out, understand that this relationship may not be a part of His plan for you or this may not be the time. Continue to read and obey His Word and the right relationships will begin to foster.

This is something I needed to do also. I came to the realization that my current relationships were somewhat collapsing because though we believe in God and call ourselves christians, we weren't fully connecting to God as much as we should have been. We thought too much of what we wanted out of each other other than how we can help each other grow and nurture the friendship.

Almost everyday it seemed like I ran into some kind of issue with either one of my friends or one of my family members. I cried and became so frustrated with all of my current relationships. There were so many times where I felt like quitting, on my friendships at least. But just recently we came upon a decision that we really have to stop fussing and doing all of these other things that may not be pointing to God. We have to truly start focusing on God and really begin to have our friendship divinely connected to God just like this devotional said.

Now, we all mess up and we just recently adopted to this change but I know through prayer and spending time in God's word we'll be the kinds of friends that God wants us to be.

Even now, i'm still facing a few challenges with my friend and at times I get frustrated with him and annoyed with him and more and I realized that it's not always HIM that needs to change but sometimes ME. I have to make that commitment of being a better friend and try to just go somewhere and calm down when I feel my emotions exploding. When I have personal issues and at times the issues get unbearable, I'm sometimes am not able to speak to anyone.

I know I have a lot to learn but the more I live the more i'll learn and with God's help i'll be the person that he has created me to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Originating Change Within Me

 Recently, I made a list of ways that I have changed within the last ten years. I compared the things I wrote about and thought about in my ...