Lastest post about pop culture

Follow Hey all, I just wanted to give you guys a little clarification about my lastest post. I wasn't at all saying that songs, books, movies that talk about love is bad, but my point is that they make love seem cheap. Love is good, but cheap love isn't. Hopefully you're getting my point. Here's a scripture that I love that talks about what love should be:
“Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.”
‭‭1 Corinthians‬ ‭13:4-7‬ ‭NIV‬‬
http://bible.com/111/1co.13.4-7.niv

Here's some other Christian articles I read that talks about true love
We can only identify true love and know when we have found it, based on the Word of God. When we match our relationships up to what the Bible says that love is—and we are honestly prepared to make a life-long commitment to that person—then we can say that we are truly “in love.” The three keys to that statement are:
We have to…
  1. …look at the Word of God
  2. …be completely honest with ourselves
  3. …understand the level of commitment that comes with true love
    Sex is not love! Our culture has taught us that sex and love are one in the same. This is a lie. Sex is a beautiful God-given activity that is wonderful when practiced within the boundaries of a Biblical marriageSex is the completion of the binding of two people within Biblical marriage; it is a God-given gift.

    Pre-marital sex

    Because premarital sex is not love, it only leads to pain and disappointment for those who are seeking that love. The Bible says that when two people are married, they become one flesh (Ephesians 5:31). Sex is consummation of that union. When two people break off their relationship after having sex, it is like ripping apart flesh. This is why two teenagers will struggle so much and become so dependent on those they give their bodies to. In light of I Corinthians 13:4-8(above), it is easy to see that premarital sex is not patient, it is not kind, it does not protect, it is self-seeking. It is not love!
    This article should pretty much explain what I was saying. Today's entertainment makes us think of love the opposite of what the Bible teaches. I believe as long as we continue to believe what the Bible says about love and everything else we won't let today's entertainment allow us to think otherwise. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Originating Change Within Me

 Recently, I made a list of ways that I have changed within the last ten years. I compared the things I wrote about and thought about in my ...