How I got the job I have

Hello friends!
I know a lot of us may have a story of how we end up at our jobs and some of us don't. My story isn't dramatic or anything but I will say that the job I have now is the first job I ever really have. I have had volunteer jobs at the library and such but Kohls was my first paid job.

I'd been looking for jobs since I was seventeen. I figured that maybe employers wouldn't be so strict with just a seasonal job and that's what I began looking for in mid-september. I applied for almost every clothing store I can think of and I had already scratched fast food restaurants off my list (some people can do it, some can't.) I began to get a bit frustrated because at seventeen I was ready to become more independent and make my own money but the job search wasn't looking too good.

So, I began to pray that God would open up a great opportunity for me to get working experience even if it's a seasonal job. so, around late October I tried my last place to apply and I thought if this didn't work out that I would give job searching a rest for a bit. A few days later, after applying for kohl's I got an email from the hiring manager about setting up an interview. I was excited because this was the furthest i'v gotten with any job. So, I emailed him back and I setup a day for my interview.

The next week or so was time for my interview and I dressed really professional that day. I was nervous at first but the manager was really nice and easy to talk to. The questions weren't difficult either. He asked me why I wanted to work at kohls and he asked me different ways how I would handle situations with customers and such. And that was it! My interview was about 15 minutes or less. I felt pretty confident leaving the interview.

Later, i got an email about an invitation to an orientation! Meaning that I got the got. I was so happy that someone finally hired me.

My first day was pretty rough because I really had no idea how to do anything. I had a day training on but my first official day on the registers was Black Friday😲😮. Unfortunately, my customers weren't patient with me. I believe after work I cried because I felt so stupid not knowing how to work the registers.

About a week or two into my new job I was finally getting the hang of things a bit.

After awhile, I became much better with the registers and customers and the managers were happy with my work. Kohls started out as a seasonal job but they were so impressed with my work that they decided to keep me. And 4 years later, here I am! I have helped many new associates just like I was with the registers. I'm very proud of myself that I conquered that. And that's how I became a kohl's associate. I know it's a small part-time job but I'm thankful for my job. And I know with faith and determination God is going to help me reach higher levels in my career.

I thank God for everything he's done. Even the small things❤😊

No comments:

Post a Comment

Originating Change Within Me

 Recently, I made a list of ways that I have changed within the last ten years. I compared the things I wrote about and thought about in my ...