"The Future Looks Good"

 Man oh man have I been wanting to use a Onerepublic song for one of my blog titles. Today I want to talk to you about things I'd like to do in the future or things that I hope will change in the future.


Spirituality



There's some things i'd like to be better in with my spiritual life. In the morningtime, I always hope that prayer and bible reading can be the first thing I do before I do anything else but, I often end up getting off track. I wake up, I don't get up out of bed right away but I stayed there and sit and then alerts pop up on my phone and i'm interested in what alerts are showing up on my phone, whether it's a text message, instagram notifications, bible verses, etc... it makes me a little anxious what's popping up on my phone. But, day after day it causes me distraction and it makes me waste a little time. I'm hoping I can change that and really make God a top priority of my day. The best way for me to do that is get up pretty early so that I can have more time to meditate and study God's word. I would like to start keeping my phone off until i'm finished praying, reading the bible and reading devotionals. I have to kindly tell my family that our conversations will have to wait until i've had my quiet time with God. i'm certain that they'll be understanding of that.


Friends


Having the right friends is really a great gift from God. However, i feel like i've been experiencing a bit of complications in the friendship department. I'm hoping for a change with the friendships I have and the friendships i'm trying to have. Things with the one close friend i have is going good but, I think there's areas where I still want to see growth. I often feel like I don't matter to people sometimes. I thought that instagram would be a good way to make friends but, as soon as I think i found a nice person to talk to, it seems like they start drifting away. I think because people have probably become so skeptical of who they communicate with on social media and what they don't know is, I'm the same way. I'm very careful who I link with on social media. But once i do find that person that seems to be trustworthy, I would like to continue to communicate. But unfortunately, it seems that the person that I want to connect with doesn't want to connect with me as much. So, if these people that I've found to be really nice on instagram wants to be my friends and i'm just misunderstanding them, I pray for us to connect and get to know each other better, which will possibly grow into a great friendship. I know God works in great ways and i'll keep praying and being patient with him and those that I want to connect with on instagram.


Confidence


i would like to begin to change my view of myself. Very often I don't give myself enough credit. I always feel that someone can do something better than me. I often find myself saying "I'm not good enough for this position..." or "I can't sing this song as well as this person." I really hope that I can find ways to be more confident in myself, (and not overly confident) but build more confidence in myself than what I have now. I believe God gives each of us our own gifts and uniqueness and I pray that i'll begin to embrace that more. I pray that God will use me in ways that I never thought possible. Many times people say that "I'm so much more than what I can see" so now, I think it's time for me to start seeing it. I know that I may not always please people but, the main thing that I want to remember most is pleasing God.


Responsibility


Being responsible really means a lot to me. I would like to try to sav more money and save it persistently eery week. Even if that means $5 a week from my paycheck, I feel like every little bit counts. I would like to work towards gaining that freedom as the young adult that I am. I will always need my parents, but I would like to start not being so dependent on them. I need my parents in different ways than when I did when I was a child. I would like to start driving, paying for my own bills, and even have my own place one day. i've been slacking long enough in my 4 years as being an adult and at 22 now, i'm ready to start making some big changes. Every time when I feel like i'm adulting, it makes me feel really good.


Worrying


I would really like to stop worrying. I know that worrying isn't healthy for me and it doesn't help any situation. I know that if I truly begin to put all my trust in God that those worries will seem begin to leave. There was a devotional that I read titled "Four Ways to Stop Worry" and i'll list the four things that it said:


1. Get to know God. Here's the scripture that was attached to it, Matthew 6:32 "People who don't know God and the way he works fuss over things."


2. Put God first in every area of your life. Matthew 6:31-33 says, "Don't worry at all about having enough food and clothing... Your heavenly father already knows perfectly well that you need them, and he will give them to you if you give him first place in your life and live as he wants you to."


3. Live one day at a time. Matthew 6:34, "So don't worry about tomorrow, because tomorrow will have its own worries. Each day has enough trouble of its own"


4. Trust God to Care. 1 Peter 5:7 says, "Give all your worries and cares to God, for he cares about you."


I found such comfort reading that devotional because everything that he said was very true. I know that, with God's help, I can let go of worry.


Career Choices


I want to try my very best to have a good job. I know that I have job that gets me by and knowing that it makes me slack a bit with searching for a better job. I'm thankful for the job I have, but I know it's not enough to help me to get established when i'm living on my own one day. So, i'm hoping that in the near future i'll be able to get a good job and that eventually, I may even be able to make a living off of doing things that I really enjoy like writing and singing.



There's my list of accomplishments I hope to make in my future. I know that it may take time but, I also know that God is with me every step of the way. I'm willing to take these courageous steps in my life and to see where God will take me. I'm excited about the brighter future that is up ahead of me.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Originating Change Within Me

 Recently, I made a list of ways that I have changed within the last ten years. I compared the things I wrote about and thought about in my ...