How I'm Becoming More Sociable.

Oftentimes I'm told by people that I'm a quiet person; I believe that's partially true but not completely. I've also been asked, "how do you have a social life being homeschooled?" and I simply reply, "Easy, church, library, work" and that's where I've found the most people I click with just like anybody would in school. Even though being described as a "quiet" person, I've always felt within that I can be a sociable person. At home, I feel super comfortable and I'm pretty outgoing and energetic. I'm not sure why that "at home" Kamera isn't able to be fully shown.

Anyway, enough about the “shy” Kamera. I want to tell you ways that I’ve grown socially. I’ve been less sociable for one because I haven't gone to many places before. However, I've been able to go more places now and meet more people. Working has helped me build social skills, of course, that's because its one of my job task is to be friendly and helpful to customers. That's how I've been selected as a credit winner for two months in a row because I haven't been afraid to open up to the customers and tell them about the great benefits they can gain. Otherwise, I wouldn't have gotten any credits without selling and showing enthusiasm.

I also feel that volunteering at my church has helped me grow socially and has connected me with lots of people. By being on the video team with my siblings at church it opened up ways for me to communicate about different shots I see that u want to get or communicate about how it looks in the director's point of view. Now every other week we laugh and have fun in our media room before preparing for each service. Usually, in big social groups, I'd be the wallflower who isn't really involved in what anyone is talking about. But now I laugh and talk right along with the group. It took about a year and a half to get comfortable being around these people but, I've learned to not be so self-conscious about people thinking bad of me and such; I've realized they people actually enjoy talking to me and enjoys me talking back to them.

I also feel that by joining social media has really expanded my social skills tremendously! I wasn't always interested in joining social media and I did not want to have any part of it whatsoever. But, once I created a blog and began to realize that having social media accounts can be a very vital tool for your blogging, especially if you want to grow an audience; So, after a bit of encouragement from a few friends about joining social media, I finally did. And I haven't regretted it. I began to search for some people to follow and soon after that, I started liking others posts, commenting on posts and other people liked my posts too! Which is awesome. I have connected with a few people on social media how, and feel comfortable enough to start an in-person conversation with them.

Since I'm beginning to come out of my shell now, it makes it a bit hard for me and my friend to communicate, because he's a bit quieter than me and I'm sometimes hard on him for not being upbeat enough or talkative enough. But, I have to remember I was once like that and only had a little to no social skills at all. I'm willing to help my friend become more confident in communicating with others also.

Many times, us quiet people are often nice but are also to ourselves a lot which may make it hard for people to see that kindness in us. So, every now and then I surprise people and go out of my way to show kindness. I do that by either handing the door open, picking up money they've dropped or simply smiling and giving them a handshake. Once you find your perfect fit of people you want to be around or talk to, the discomfort or nervousness or maybe even self-consciousness will begin to fade away. It's about taking those first steps.

You know, some people are really quiet, some people are really talkative and talk to almost anyone, and others may just talk to who they feel most comfortable with. We're all uniquely made by God and I feel that it's great that God has created so many different types of people with so many different personalities. I'm glad that I've begun to accept myself more. And it's not that I had to be more sociable, it was my choice to take that step in my life because I feel like I've been missing out on great possibilities of friendships by being so closed in. I'm thankful for the opportunities God has opened up for me to connect with different people and I'm thankful for the development in the new friendships that I'm forming.

I hope that my blog can bring a bit of positivity in your life in some way. Maybe by reading one of my blog posts, it'll inspire you to do something courageous, I don't know how my blog may make you feel or make you want to do but I sure hope that you guys enjoy reading it as much as I love writing it and posting it. I hope that I can continue to post more regularly.

Well, that's all for now. As Ellen Degeneres says, "Be kind to one another" and ill add in, "Be kind to yourself" ✌️❤️😊

No comments:

Post a Comment

Originating Change Within Me

 Recently, I made a list of ways that I have changed within the last ten years. I compared the things I wrote about and thought about in my ...