My Spiritual, Prayer, and Meditation (Spam) Fast Experience.

Hi there,
I recently finished my spam fast and it was really great. I enjoyed discovering new Christian music. I discovered a new type of Christian music on spotify. It's indie Chill Christian i believe and it was really cool and relaxing to listen to. 

At times, I had slipped up and wasn't as focused but I got back on track and took time to be quiet and meditate on devotionals. I believe throughout the week of my spam fast it helped me realize how vital my time is with God. Everyday, taking a small portion of my time with God makes a difference in how I feel and think. My relationship with God is so important to me, so I wanted to make effort to prioritize him over everything in my life by giving up some of the things I do daily for one week. 

I believe through this spam fast experience, God is shaping me into the person he wants me to be. At times it was a challenge not doing some of the things that I really enjoyed but, it was a sacrifice that I wanted to make for God just like how he made a sacrifice for us. I temporarily took a break from non-christian books, movies, TV shows, music, etc... 
I believe it was a way for me to really hear from God and become more in sync with God. 

I also believe that through my spam fast experience, I began to have a better mindset and thought less and less on negative things. I feel like God did a 360 on my life in a way. A lot of things I've experienced during my spam fast are hard for me to put in words but, I've definitely say it was something worth doing.

I still experience struggles from time to time today like, having low confidence in my writing and singing and even in my social life. I get discouraged when I want to try to write something but all it ends up being is empty pages. I get discouraged by a lot and am still fighting out all of the answers to them all. But the key is, God doesn't want me to try to figure out all the answers, because he's the only one with all the answers, and our job is just to trust him with the results. 

God is working on me everyday and strengthening me also. He spoke to me about doing a spam fast so that I can grow closer to him and to take my eyes and mind off of things of the world and transform my mind into more spiritually related things. God is so faithful, and I pray each and everyday I'll make God a first priority of my day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Originating Change Within Me

 Recently, I made a list of ways that I have changed within the last ten years. I compared the things I wrote about and thought about in my ...