My Passion for Writing

Ever since I was about 7 years old, I loved writing. As a young girl I would spend a lot of time writing short stories. I'd even write about daily activities that I do. I used to have my family read the short stories I've written. Theyve told me "I don't understand it, but I give you credit for all the effort and commitment you have for this story." Even after hearing my family say, "They didn't fully understand it" it didn't stop me from writing. I was thankful to them for their honesty and recognizing my determination.

As I got older, I began to get really serious about pursuing a writing career. But as I got older I also wanted to start writing stories that makes sense and that wasn't easy. I've began messing around with a few titles for a book and tried to tie in a description to it but, not much has came to mind.

I've gone through periods of my life, (especially in my teen years) where I didn't have the motivation to write. I believe I had gone a whole year without writing or even thinking about writing, in the sense of a novel and such. But as time gone by, I've began to get back into it slowly by reading fictional books and nonfictional books to help me find inspiration for a story. I realized that just because something may seem hard doesn't I can't do it. There's many things in life that are hard at first but with Jesus and determination almost anything is possible.

In 2015  I came up with a title for a story and also a somewhat dialogue for my story. I just began playing with it a little and with the little I had,I felt good with it. But, once the two lines that I've written began to remain that way for a little while, I began to get discouraged again. But, I've made up in my mind that I won't go so long again without writing. Even if I write down one sentence everyday I can say that I've tried and am making small progress. I feel great about this story I’m working on, even though I’m making slow progress I see great potential with this story.

Writing Goals -

I would like to list off some of my writing goals I have for this year. I have already accomplished a few last year like writing classes but I’ll list some more ways that I’d like to be productive with my writing.

1. Create a schedule and stick to it - That means writing everyday. 

2. Form a writing group where we’d meet up monthly - I already have a title for it! It’s titled “What a Beautiful Page it Is”

3. Take more advanced writing classes.

4. Make more progress with my story.

5. Write on my blog more regularly and find ways to help my blog grow.

I think if I accomplish these goals for my writing this year I'll be really proud of myself.


It takes a lot of work pursuing in a career but, I’ll look back on these days and believe that all my work has been worthwhile. I’m ready to take on any challenges that comes with my writing journey. I’ve already taken a few challenges as it is; I’ve cried, gotten really frustrated, felt like I just wasn’t fit for writing and simply just had times where I felt like quitting. But even through all of my emotional rollercoasters, I’ve never lost my love and joy for writing.

I’ve expressed myself in unimaginable ways with writing. I’ve released a lot of hurt and sadness in my writing. I’ve also find great joy through writing.

Even through my discouragement, I know that the passion I have for writing is there for a reason. I want to keep pushing until I reach the finish line.
I’m excited about where God is going to take me in my writing. I’m also thankful for the many supportive people I have cheering me on as I proceed in my journey as a writer.

In another post, I’ll take about why I love singing 🎤. 

That’s all I have for now. Thank you to all of the wonderful people who has taken time to read my blog. Your support means so much to me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Originating Change Within Me

 Recently, I made a list of ways that I have changed within the last ten years. I compared the things I wrote about and thought about in my ...