The Struggle of Making Friends As An Adult

Hola!

I've had so much on my heart lately. I want to share with you how difficult it is for me at times making friends as an adult. I know when I was a teenager I had many events to attend where I could meet people such as, the library summer events, youth night and youth events at church and more. But now, since i'm in my 20's it's been a real struggle for me to find really nice friends. Oftentimes I feel like I have to be the one to put more effort in getting friends. Everywhere I go it seems like people already are with who they want to be with. At church I see cliques huddled around in their circle and at the shopping malls or other places. I just feel like i'm kind of stuck in the middle. I don't really know who I really "clique" with other than my family.

Lately, I've just been praying to God that he would lead me to the right kind of friends that I need in my life. I know that when people are desperate it can be dangerous and they end up hanging with the wrong crew. I don't want to be like that. So, even though waiting to find great friends can be very hard at times (especially when it seems like a lot of people ignore me) I can make it through this tough season of life. I know that soon i'll break more out of my shell (in a good way) and be able to experience good things in life.

The feeling of  knowing someone is trying to be your friend just because they feel sorry for you makes it even worse. I'd rather be alone than to be pitied. Sometimes I could be searching for things in the wrong places. Sometimes things happen when you least expect it.

It's sad to say but I feel like I connect with more people outside of my church than at my church. Of course, there's many nice people at my church but I just feel connected to them. I say "Hi" and then they say "Hi' back but then they go their way and I go mine. I never have seem to go beyond the initial "Hi." I have at least had a somewhat conversation with my coworkers more so than people at church.

So, to this day I still haven't found ways where I can find real friends. I guess it could be a sign to me to maybe venture out to other places. Maybe other churches and other cool events to attend too. Maybe i've come too accustomed to where I am. I really need to find my way in life and figure out who I am.

I know God has more plans for me than what I can imagine. I guess right now i'm just kind of in a waiting season. I trust that he'll give me what I need in life and more. As the song says "I will trust in you." 😊

No comments:

Post a Comment

Originating Change Within Me

 Recently, I made a list of ways that I have changed within the last ten years. I compared the things I wrote about and thought about in my ...