Who and what Inspires Me?

Hi people,

There's many people that I admire for a few things. There's a few things I admire in my family and a few in my friends. But a person who inspires me musically and spiritually is Lacey Sturm.

I've read her book The Reason
And it was very moving. It was a good story about her personal struggles in life like drugs, heartbreak, atheism, being somewhat poor and more. I cried reading certain parts of the book. I could almost feel Lacey's pain through reading this book. This book was raw and she wasn't afraid to open up about her personal struggles.

The beautiful part about this book is how she triumphed. She was ready to end her life when God came in just in time to save her and remind her that "there's a reason why she's still here on earth."
Lacey had such a hard life but through her music she was able to heal from all the pain and through Flyleaf's music I'm able to heal also. I know I've had some personal struggles myself, maybe not as intense as Lacey's but I definitely can relate to when you feel like you're at your lowest point in life and you've done all you can. I'll share the description with you so you can get a better picture of what the story is about
There is a reason you exist . . . 

The day Lacey Sturm planned to kill herself was the day her old life ended. As an atheist who hated Christians, she thought church was a place for hypocrites, fakers, and simpletons. After a screaming match with her grandmother, she ended up in the back of a sanctuary, hating everyone in the room. But what happened in that room is The Reason she is alive today. 

With raw vulnerability, this hard rock princess tells her story of physical abuse, depression, suicidal struggles, and more--and her ultimate salvation. She asks the hard questions-- Why am I here? Why am I empty? Why should I go on living?--showing that beyond the temporary highs and the soul-crushing lows is a reason each of us exists and a purpose for our lives. 

Lacey Sturm is my inspiration because her passion for music and God shows. Whether she has to scream it out or sing it in a soft melody she'll reveal her passion for music and God is real. I don't usually admire any celebrities or anything like that but I don't like Lacey just because she's a great singer but because she's 100% real. Her lyrics, her stories, her voice is real. I know that my dream is to one day share my love for God to the world through music. I know God has given me gifts and I know sooner or later I'll need to publicly express my love for God. And I want people to know me through my music in a real and honest way. I want to express my feelings, thoughts and my heart through my music. I hope that every lyric may bring meaning to someone's life. Because of the dark world we live in today, in praying that people can at least escape from the disasters for a moment and find joy through music. I know hope is still alive and we can find that hope. 

So, I wrote this post to talk about who my inspiration is and how I find inspiration which is through music and writing. When I feel down, I go to my notes on my phone or in my notebook and I just jot down my thoughts or I write down a prayer. Those things really give me a lift. Other times I find a song in my library and just mediate on the lyrics and let the music flow into my heart. I cry listening to certain worship songs. Songs like "Let the Heavens Open" by Kari Jobe and "Flood the Earth" by Jesus Culture allows me to really feels God's presence no matter what I'm going through.

Of course God is my number inspiration and Lacey Sturm is my inspiration in the music industry. My mom is my second inspiration after God even though we have our differences and misunderstandings we bond in our own way at times. 

So, I hope you enjoyed reading this post and that you'll feel free to leave your comments on this post. Also, let me know what's some things you'd like me to post about on my blog. I'd love to hear your feedback. 

That's all for now guys, much love to ya! Bye 👋

No comments:

Post a Comment

Originating Change Within Me

 Recently, I made a list of ways that I have changed within the last ten years. I compared the things I wrote about and thought about in my ...